Higher education in the 21st century is in the process of self-transformation, as its operations now extend well beyond the classroom to the digital realm in providing instructional and research opportunities to a broader base of learners.
Even with the demand by students and faculty for greater online access, collaboration and resources, IT initiatives at many major educational institutions are challenged by a range of factors that are both budgetary and strategic:
- Determining a best-use strategy in IT expenditures to better manage costs and promote future growth
- Investing in an institution-wide cloud strategy that is fundable and scalable
- Extending and managing remote communications for greater productivity and connected learning opportunities
- Making critical upgrades to infrastructure to advance operational efficiency
- Integrating and updating database systems for improved analytical insight to support institutional outcomes
- Meeting privacy and security requirements to safeguard the online learning environment
- Collaboration technologies support integrated communications and expanded engagement with students, faculty and researchers.
- Advanced unified communications with seamless Integration of voice, video, data, IM and documentation
- Video teleconferencing solutions for secure collaboration among researchers, while creating additional educational engagement opportunities, including adaptive and peer-to-peer â€œsocialâ€ learning
- Social media applications that enable responses to stakeholders through public social media networks such as Twitter, Facebook or other public forums
DATA CENTER OPTIMIZATION
- Data center optimization will improve accessibility to connected learning and research opportunities while streamlining processes for enhanced operations.
- Scaled database solutions promote greater employee productivity and improved access to constituent analysis and other research
- Efficient information exchange and interoperability accessible to all employees, from shared calendars to remote document management
- Secure mobility for faculty and staff, addressing all of the complexities that BYOD brings to an educational institution while providing greater access for connectedness, learning and research.
- Complete mobile device management in visibility, control and network security
- Secure access to data, documentation and â€œanytime, anywhereâ€ distance learning tools as needed
WIRED AND WIRELESS NETWORKS
- Wired and wireless networks designed to support robust bandwidth, security and a myriad of data types resulting from campus-wide use of technology by students, faculty and staff.
- Intelligent routing and switching that directs video and other types of data while monitoring, detecting and alerting you to issues
- Design and integration of wireless networks with appropriate security to support a variety of mobile devices and brands
- High-availability networking that eliminates unnecessary downtime and provide a reliable backbone for your critical operations, 24×7