The Cisco Borderless Network Architecture is the technical architecture that allows organizations to connect anyone, anywhere, anytime, and on any device – securely, reliably, and seamlessly. It is the foundation for the Cisco Intelligent Network, providing optimization, scale, and security to collaboration and virtualization. The architecture is built on an infrastructure of scalable and resilient hardware and software.
Components of the architecture come together to build network systems that span your organization from network access to the cloud.
Only Cisco can provide the platform for campus, branch, data center, and wide-area networks that are highly available while integrating security at all levels of the network, helping to ensure the optimized delivery of application and communications, and providing inherent manageability. This platform includes:
- Routing: Cisco offers the only routers that allow organizations to build a foundation for an intelligent, self-defending network, featuring best-in-class security services and routing technologies for the lowest total cost of ownership and highest return on investment.
- Switching: Cisco offers one of the industry’s most comprehensive portfolios of intelligent network switches, providing a continuously expanding suite of intelligent services and advanced technologies to strengthen, simplify, and extend the value of the network infrastructure.
- Cisco IOS Software: Cisco IOS Software operates across routers and switches to enable an infrastructure that is highly available, secure, manageable, flexible, and scalable, and upon which businesses can quickly and confidently deploy advanced technologies.
- Network Management: Cisco offers management tools and applications that ease network deployment, improve operational efficiency, increase network uptime, and reduce total cost of ownership.
- Essential productivity tool for today’s mobile workforce.
- Stay connected to network resources anytime, anywhere.
- Quicker and easier to implement than cabled networks.
- Eliminates complex cabling and unnecessary construction.
- Installation without taking your cabled network offline.
- Well suited to a wide variety of environments.
- Ideal for difficult to cable locations (i.e. historical buildings).
- Costs compare favorably to traditional cabled networks.
- Total costs of ownership can be significantly lower.
Powering Your Network with Cisco Meraki
NIS is proud to be a leader in bringing the power of Cisco Meraki networking to the West Virginia, Ohio, Kentucky, Virginia, and Pennsylvania areas. With easier management and more streamlined interfaces than other products, we are helping companies large and small realize the benefit of powering their networks with Cisco Meraki.
Ciscoâ€™s reliable and dependable hardware provides the foundation of the Meraki user interface, making the management of your network straightforward and infinitely configurable. All changes are saved and shared automatically to all access points, switches, and routers, making upgrading or changing your settings a breeze, no matter the size of your network. We have joined with Cisco Meraki to bring you the best in network architecture and design, focusing on these three core benefits, among many others:
- Centralized Management
Once we have determined your networking needs and configured your new Cisco Meraki hardware, a whole world of possibilities open up. With a single click you can explore your network, both in real-time and with historic trends, to see your bandwidth usage, what routers may be experiencing RF interference, what devices are being connected, and when automatic updates are configured. With Cisco Merakiâ€™s straightforward web interface you can define new policies for computers, mobile devices, or even groups of users, deciding what sites or programs they can use or how much bandwidth they can take up at any one time. Limit guests to a few select websites or limited bandwidth, to ensure they donâ€™t impact your overall network performance. When the decision is made to change a network policy or configuration, all of your Cisco Meraki equipment automatically receives the updates, saving you time and money. The days of sending a technician to update each device manually are over, thanks to the power and ease of Merakiâ€™s cloud network, which automatically pushes your changes network-wide.
- Automatic RF Optimization
Todayâ€™s airwaves are saturated with wireless networks and signals competing for the best quality. Like overlapping radio stations this can cause interference and degraded performance, but not with your Cisco Meraki equipment. Each Meraki wireless access point includes dedicated hardware which scans for sources of interference, and either boosts or moves the signal to where you will see the best performance. And it does this for you automatically, with updates visible in your management dashboard. Built in heat-maps show potential causes of interference and allow you to make intelligent choices not only when configuring but also when managing your equipment. Batteries, motors, and other non-wireless devices can cause bursts of interference, and knowing where and how these sources are affecting your network is key to being able to troubleshoot, plan, and manage your network.
- Bring Your Own Device Solutions (BYOD)
The first and only networking solution that was built with BYOD policies in mind, a network configured by Team One Solutions and powered by Cisco Meraki can make managing the myriad of consumer-level products which may access your network a snap. Whether the devices are running Apple, Android, or other software, the management interface allows you to set the terms and conditions for their use and access. Cisco Merakiâ€™s powerful technology automatically identifies mobile devices, whether or not they are connected to your network, and allows you to manage their potential access, including down to the level of what applications are allowed. The same granularity of control you have over PCs and Macs is now extended to mobile devices. As with all configurations, any time you make a change or policy decision for your network, all of your routers update automatically, so there is no delay in implementing your new plans, making sure your network is operating at peak efficiency around the clock.
Free AP for IT Professionals Contact us Today!